(Last updated on March 2nd, 2021)
I work on applied cryptography, with a focus on authenticated data structures for public-key infrastructures and cryptocurrencies. My interests lie at the intersection of theory and practice: I enjoy designing new cryptographic primitives and implementing them.
My current work (mostly) seeks to build novel authenticated data structures that improve upon Merkle trees for speeding up validation in the next generation of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum 2.0:
- Reaching Consensus for Asynchronous Distributed Key Generation (eprinted, under submission)
- Edrax: Stateless validation for cryptocurrencies (no eprint yet, under submission)
- Aggregatable distributed key generation (published in EUROCRYPT'21)
- How to compute all Pointproofs (eprinted, short note)
- Authenticated dictionaries with cross-incremental proof aggregation (eprinted, under submission)
- Aggregatable subvector commitments for stateless cryptocurrencies (published in SCN'20)
Before joining VRG, I have worked on vector commitments, on scalable threshold cryptosytems, on faster proofs for polynomial commitments, on append-only authenticated data structures for public-key distribution, on scaling BFT algorithms, on leveraging the Bitcoin blockchain to prevent equivocation attacks in public-key directories, and on privacy-preserving file systems via ORAMs.
My publications can be found here.
You can see me present some of my work here or on YouTube.
Recent (and future) program committees:
- ACM Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2021
- Financial Cryptography (FC) 2021
- ACM Cloud Computing Security Workshop (CCSW) 2020
- ACM Advances in Financial Technologies (AFT) 2021
Recent external reviewer:
- ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS) 2020
- ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS) 2020
- ACM Advances in Financial Technologies (AFT) 2020
- ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC) 2021
- IACR ASIACRYPT 2020
- IACR CRYPTO 2021
- IEEE Security and Privacy (S&P) 2020
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security (TIFS) 2021
I also like to blog about technical things: