I am an applied and foundational researcher in broad aspects of reliability and security in distributed systems.
I joined VMware Research as a founding member in December 2014. From 2004-2014, I was a principal researcher at Microsoft Research, Silicon Valley. Prior to joining Microsoft Research, I was an associate professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1999-2007), left for a brief sabbatical, but was bitten by the Silicon Valley bug and stayed. I hold a PhD, an M.Sc. and a B.Sc. in computer science from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Presently, I am passionate about the CorfuDB project I co-founded, a cloud scale consistency platform. CorfuDB open source is on github:corfudb.
Some of my notable distinctions and roles are:
- ACM fellow, 2011.
- IBM Faculty award recipient, 2003 and 2004.
- German-Israeli Foundation (G.I.F.) Young Scientist career award, 2002.
- Associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) since 2014.
- Associate editor of the Distributed Computing Journal since 2002.
- Program chair for LADIS 2012 , Locality 2007, PODC 2006, Locality 2005 and DISC 2002.
My detailed home page has more details, publications, students, etc.